This is a great station to study as it shows many great design features and solutions
Objectives – Coursework
- To further develop concepts with relation to idea generation
Objectives – Exercise
- Start to understand the meaning of buildings -Identify elements to help design
Objectives – Presentation
- To share information on design
- Images for the students to study and some background information
- Worksheets for students to put responses on
- PowerPoint going through the main features and drawing conclusions
What you learn:
- Brilliant solution to a difficult problem, shows thinking outside the box and a wonderful solution by moving the station onto the bridge, making a great statement.
- Shows great use of creating space and an imaginative and daring way to bring in natural light, both in the entrance an on the platforms
- Integrates service and connectivity for both the route, London Underground, but most importantly, by creating a south entrance, linking to the South Bank attractions.
- Finally, making a new attraction and focus for the Thames with the stunning views up and down the river Thames. Creates extra impact at night with it all being lit up