Assignment ED02 – Shop Front
To produce a model of a shop front to scale, which has an impact upon its location.
To develop Design and Manufacturing skills in a structured manner
You have been approached to design a shop front for an existing shop. The brief is open and you can pretty well do what you want. The shop is based in the new Wickminster Shopping Centre and the local planning committee is sympathetic about using interesting and exciting designs.
1. You must choose a striking name.
2. You must develop a strong brand image, projecting the products it is selling.
3. You must produce a scale model (1:12).
4. You must produce a range of visuals for presentation to the client.
Wickminster Shopping Centre
To design a new shop front, which is original and strengthens the towns image of being forward looking and imaginative.
- Portfolio of work to support the project, to include a range of annotated ideas to be presented to the council, in a form of your choice, but to include some CAD and freehand drawings
- A scale concept model, which explains the final design
Suggested Target Year Group:
The links below take you to a range of support materials and examples: